Monday, June 30, 2008

Nas And Fila Signs An One-Year Endorsement Deal


"Word To Will, Buried In His Fila Suit And Heavy Chain/I Wanna Be Iced Up, Nigga, Bury Me The Same"

I Know, I Know, Nas Is Rockin An Adidas Track Jacket In This Picture, I Woulda Post Him In An Fila Suit But I Wouldnt Want To Swipe The Idea From Eskay.

Anywhoo, According To Billboard, Nas Will Be Hookin Up With Fila To Co-Create An Apparel Line Thats Inspired By Fashions From The 80's And In Return, Fila Will Provide Print And TV-Ads For Nas And Sponsor His Upcoming Tour For The Album Formerly Known As Nigger.

"My best friend Will and I loved Fila," Nas tells Billboard. "It represented prestige and everything that was cool to us. When Will passed, we buried him in a black Fila sweat suit, so doing a deal with them has a lot of significance for me."

Also, Nas Reveals That Be A Nigger Too Will Not Be On The Album.

"I didn't want to 'n--ger' my audience to death," he says. "So 'Be a N--ger Too,' which I recently released a video for, isn't on the album. It didn't fit. The entire record deals with the concept, but ... I had to pace myself."

No comments: