Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rapper Prodigy Reacts To Michael Jackson’s Death From Behind Bars


Prodigy, one half of Infamous rap duo Mobb Depp, recently spoke with XXLMag.com to give his thoughts on Michael Jackson’s passing.

P, who is currently serving time behind bars for a gun conviction, apparently had a chance to catch Sunday night’s (June 28) BET Awards – a show that quickly became a MJ tribute with several artists, including host Jamie Foxx, paying respect to the late King of Pop. “Shout out to Jamie Foxx, he did a good job with the BET Awards,” P said.

One of the remarks Foxx made in particular struck a chord with the Queens rapper. “He said everybody used to dress like Michael Jackson when they was a little kid,” Prodigy noted, bringing up the time that Jay-Z exposed a photo of him as a child dressed up like MJ, in order to discredit the MC. “You know I like that part ’cause certain niggas ‘Oh yeah Prodigy had the ‘Beat It’ jacket on when he was eight years old,’ like tryna discredit me like there’s something wrong with that. Nah ain’t nothing wrong with that and everybody knows and it’s sad that Michael Jackson had to die but now everybody’s professing ‘oh I loved Michael Jackson when I was little too.’ Oh now it’s okay.”

“Rest in peace, Michael Jackson,” he added. “Cause I damn sure thought I was Michael when I was a little kid. I wanted to be Michael Jackson, I wanted to be a celebrity like Michael. He did a lotta things I ain’t agree with later on in life but overall that was a good muthafucka right there. That was an excellent person, with his music and what he contributed to the music world. Perfect, excellent.”

Props To XXL

No comments: