Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Young Jeezy Speaks On Pimp C

Over At Vibe, They Ask The Snowman Bout Pimp C Sonning Him Subliminally About Being Mr. 17. 5.
Man, God bless the dead. I got love for Pimp. I’m gonna always have love for Pimp. I just feel like I’d really rather not speak on it out of respect for a lot of other people. I just think after it was all said and done, he did his homework and he was like, “All right, cool.” From what I understand, before he passed he was really trying to reach out but we just couldn’t connect. I’m willing to bet that’s what the conversation was about. And he a real nigga, so you gotta look at it for what it’s worth. When real niggas don’t understand something, and you don’t get them answers, you wanna know. I’m like that.


I can’t ever hate on Bun or Pimp cause I always respected what them niggas did, but I put in my work. That shit hurt me, cuz. Fuck that, man. That shit hurt me, dog. I’ll be lying to you if I said it didn’t hurt. I remember listening to “Pocket Full of Stones”, my nigga. I remember listening to that shit and living and dying by it. I came up from that. I could give this interview to my mama. Anything I ever said was the truth. I’m not fabricating nothing and that hurt me because I listened to them niggas and I did what they told me to, which I thought was right. And I made it. I made something out of nothing. For a nigga that I love and respect to tell me that I’m a liar…my nigga… Like do you know how many times I almost went to fuckin’ prison? Like, for real. I lived and died by that man. Even when he wasn’t gone, I didn’t really know Pimp. I knew Bun. I rolled for that nigga man, everything that I was on… “Call the judge, tell the bitch to free Pimp C.” I put him in the same line with my nigga Meech. That was respect.

I’m not gonna front. That shit fucked me up. And that’s why it wasn’t even a situation where a nigga was on some rah-rah shit. ‘Cause everybody knows, everybody got what they got, everybody roll with who they roll with. That’s understood. But at the same time, you respect somebody and you give them that respect like, “I’ve done what you said and look what I’ve done.” Obviously I’ve done better, ‘cause look where I’m at. I was able to put Bun on “Trap or Die”, or “Over Here,” or this, that, and the other. When he got out, one of the first songs was “Get Throwed” [from Bun B’s solo album Trill] and I jumped on that shit. I got a lot of love for Bun. I got a lot of love for Pimp, but as a real nigga, when you look me in my face, my nigga, and I tell you I will put my hand on any Bible, ain’t no nigga fittin’ to tell you that. So for that to be like that, as a man that’s where I’m at. Ain’t no punk shit.

It’s like one of your older cousins or something. If he get money, he teach you to get money, he goes to prison. He comes home, you’re the man now. You’ve come up. You ain’t dead. You ain’t locked up. You’ve put in your work and niggas are respecting you. And this is your cousin and he is just looking at you and says, “Fuck that. You ain’t that.” That hurts, man. I did it for you to see. I did this for [Pimp] to see. Like, look what I’ve done for us. Look what I did. We’re still relevant. I’m talking about this shit. These niggas is livin’ it.

I remember one show. I swear on everything I love, that the reason that hurt me so bad is because he came to my show in Fort Lauderdale, when he got out. Bun called me and said, "Pimp out." Me and my whole ‘hood went crazy. I wanted to be the first nigga to get a song with this nigga. We had our Pimp C shirts on and all that.

He came out to Fort Lauderdale, I knew he had just came out, he reminds of my big homie. [Pimp] had on a red Dickies suit and a black mink coat. And I was like, ‘Pimp, it’s hot as a motherfucker out here. Why you got that on?’ Pimp said “I’m a pimp. I can wear what I want.” You can ask anybody in Fort Lauderdale, I brought him out on stage and he grabbed the mic. These were his exact words: “When I was locked up and when I was going through my shit, all these guys are out here lyin’ and fakin’. This nigga right here held me down. I respect this nigga, ‘cause he talk that shit the way it’s supposed to be talked. And I love and respect this nigga.” You can ask anybody in Fort Lauderdale that was at my show. And that was the last time I talked to him. And the next thing I got was that.

I don’t want to disrespect nobody and he’s not here to say what he’s gotta say. So I’mma leave it right there. I got love for UGK. I got love for Bun B. I got love for any nigga that got up there and did what they did and got what they got. I wouldn’t halfway be here if it wasn’t for a nigga like that. And you ask me if I’m hurt? I’m hurt of off that. And I’m grown. Don’t shit hurt me.

No comments: