Monday, May 4, 2009

Lloyd Banks Been Off Interscope Since 2007


As talk of Lloyd Banks leaving Interscope records increases, the G-Unit rapper has revealed his recent collaborations outside of his rap group, including new records with Jadakiss, Fabolous, Juelz Santana.

Despite the tight-knit association with his G-Unit camp, Banks has expressed his recent motivation to work with other artists.

"I got a track called 'My Way or Nothing' with Uncle Murda," Banks said in an interview regarding his new mixtape. "I'm a fan of a lot of these emcees. A lot of people got egos...If you like somebody's record you won't say it because of your ego? I reached out to Nipsey Hussle too...I'm just trying to get in there and mix magic and work with a lot of these artists I've appreciated over the years. I got a record in the works now with me, Juelz, Fabolous and Jadakiss called 'Welcome to New York.' I'm waiting to get the final touches on that. I'm a grown man now. Everybody gotta get their grown man on and get in to the studio and make magic."

Banks also cleared up the Interscope rumor -- he hasn't been signed to the label since 2007, when he fulfilled his contractual requirements. He hasn't decided what label his next album will be on, but 50 Cent will definitely have it under his umbrella. He'll continue to drop mixtapes in the meantime -- it's like practice.

No comments: